Creative, talented artist with over fifteen years of combined training and experience in graphic design, storyboarding and illustration as well as the ability to create compelling written and visual narratives for animation, advertising, and television media. Core training and deep commitment to the education of future generations of animators, artists, and writers.
Master of Fine Arts| May 2019 | Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
- Major: Writing for Film, Television, and Digital Media
- Previous study: Illustration – Graphic Novel
- Previous study: Animation – 3D and Storyboarding
Bachelor of Arts | May 2007 | Morningside College, Sioux City, IA
- Major: Graphic Design
- “Core” (mini-minor): Art Education
Graphic and Web Designer | Connecticut Writing Project, University of Connecticut (Storrs)| 2015-16
Assisted in reviewing writing and art submissions from K-12 students across Connecticut.
Designed the covers as well as interior layout of Connecticut Student Writers magazine.
Redesigned the website for the CWP with aesthetics and user experience in mind.
Yearbook Advisor | Northeast Upward Bound |Summer 2007
· Led a group of high school students in the creation of a yearbook commemorating their experiences in the Northeast Upward Bound Summer Program. Taught the students to edit their photos using Photoshop and page layout using InDesign. Coordinated with University of Nebraska’s print shop in creating the finished product.
Teaching Practicum | Clark Elementary School | Fall 2005
· Observed a third-grade classroom twice a week during the semester in order to gain familiarity with the school environment as a prospective teacher. Assisted the host teacher with reading circle and other basic classroom functions.